3M manufactures the 3M Trizact Hookit Film Disc 268XA using proprietary micro-replication technology where micron-graded aluminum oxide particles are formed into tiny pyramids of abrasive mineral and then coated on a film backing. As these pyramids wear, fresh, sharp mineral is continually exposed to produce a consistent cut and a predictable, fine finish.
- Proprietary 3M Trizact abrasives start sharp and stay sharp, resulting in more predictable finishes and improved, consistent results
- Creates high gloss level for glass defect repair and solid surface finishing
- Micron sized abrasive pyramids produce a high-gloss finish
- Well suited for use on mini random orbital sanders to produce a polish-ready finish
- Produces finer finishes than paper and film-backed abrasives